Astraea celebrates the efforts, victories, and lives of trans people across the globe. Trans activists and communities are:
- fighting violence, criminalization, and discrimination
- establishing crucial support in healthcare, social services, and education
- pushing for legal gender recognition
- building community around the world
However, trans organizing is severely under-resourced.
- Trans organizing worldwide receives only 3.5% of LGBTI funding.
- 56% of trans groups operate on an annual budget less than USD $10k.
- 40% of trans groups have NO external funding.
Astraea is 1 of 2 funders in the world giving more than 10% of funding to trans groups. Supporting and resourcing trans organizing is critical to the lives and well-being of trans people everywhere.
Join us in supporting trans people in the U.S. and all over the world!