Today, Astraea celebrates the vibrant, growing LBQ movement and their radical visions of collective care and liberation.
LBQ activists and communities are:
- working intersectionally
- collaborating across movements
- centering collective care, healing justice and sustainability
Yet LBQ groups face a critical lack of resourcing to continue this crucial work:
- Only 3.5% of LGBTI funding is LBQ-specific.
- 48% of LBQ groups receive less than USD $5k in external funding.
- 34% of LBQ group receive NO external funding.
In 2019, Astraea gave over USD $1M to grassroots, LBQ-led organizing.
85% of our international grants specifically fund LBQ and trans-led communities.
Join us as we continue supporting LBQ movements to create a future that is inclusive, respectful, and safe for us all.