POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Program Officer
Reports to: ITF Director
Closing Date: June 26, 2020
About the Organization
The International Trans Fund (ITF) is a trans activist and funder-led initiative that aims to increase the capacity of trans movements globally to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self-determination, and wellbeing. The ITF works to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The ITF is hosted at Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
About the Position
The ITF seeks a dedicated, passionate and collaborative Program Officer. This is a full-time, remote position.
The Program Officer manages relationships with grantee partners, provides support and accompaniment, develops capacity-building initiatives, participates in learning and evaluation of ITF’s programs and engages in philanthropic advocacy.
- Develop and manage diverse international trans rights grantmaking portfolios, including conducting outreach to applicants, writing and disseminating requests for proposals, soliciting input from trans activists and writing grant summaries.
- Manage relationships with grantee partners, including maintaining ongoing communication, engaging in networking, and potentially conducting site visits.
- Engage with trans-led groups and leaders to determine key issues and opportunities for the ITF’s work, convening grantees and others, when appropriate.
- Work closely with the ITF Director and other Program Officers to develop capacity-building support initiatives for grantee partners, including identification of technical assistance resources and assistance with resource mobilization.
- Participate in program evaluation, including monitoring grantee progress, analyzing contexts, and gathering and analyzing information related to ITF’s contributions.
- Support members of the Grant Making Panel and provide logistical support for Grant Making Panel meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of issues and trends facing trans organizations globally.
- Represent the ITF at conferences and donor affinity groups to further ITF’s philanthropic advocacy goals.
- Work collaboratively to highlight the work of ITF’s grantee partners and support ITF’s strategic goals.
- Support the ITF Director in securing and retaining resources for the ITF.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 5 years of direct involvement with trans activism at the regional and/or international level.
- Proven track record of working closely with trans communities that have been historically marginalized.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing different contexts and situations and coming up with tailored, sustainable and systematic solutions.
- Proven ability to manage own work through set objectives and adequately manage own resources.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and significant experience with training development and delivery.
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions with limited resources.
- Superior ability to work and communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders, including activists, donors and community members. Must be personable, approachable and responsive.
- Appreciation of the power dynamics that shape grantmaking relationships and a commitment to building trust, two-way accountability, and mutual respect with grantee organizations.
- Intermediate to expert level experience in computer applications like MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and must be internet/web savvy.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. Candidates able to communicate in English and Spanish will be given preference.
- Ability to travel internationally and to work flexible hours (including early mornings and late evenings) as required and to accommodate time differences with other staff, grantee partners, funders, etc.
In addition, it would be desirable for candidates to:
- Be able to communicate and write in one of the other application languages (French, Russian, or Chinese).
- Have direct experience managing and reporting on grants for work related to trans movement building.
- Have experience developing and managing budgets.
- Have prior grantmaking experience.
- This is a remote contract position and candidates can be based in any part of the world. US work authorization is not required. The ITF is not able to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- Trans people are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants born or who originate from a Global South country are encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-70,000 USD/year commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please complete the ITF Program Officer Application Pack and submit to email@example.com in .pdf, doc, or .docx format by June 26, 2020. Other documents, including CVs, will not be reviewed. Please do not use the form at the bottom of this webpage.
The ITF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, collaborative and sustainable work environment. For more information visit www.transfund.org.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)