Reports to: ITF Director
Location: New York
Closing Date: July 17, 2020
About the Organization
The International Trans Fund (ITF) is a trans activist and funder-led initiative that aims to increase the capacity of trans movements globally to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self- determination, and wellbeing. The ITF works to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The ITF is hosted at Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
About the Position
The ITF seeks a committed, collaborative and organized person to join our team as a Program Associate.
The Program Associate is a full-time position that will support the overall day-to-day activities of the ITF team. This includes supporting ITF’s annual grantmaking cycle, providing logistical support and ensuring overall smooth operations of the team. The position is based in Astraea’s office in New York City.
- Conduct intake of applications, including data entry, file management and communication with applicants.
- Maintain all grantee application and grant information in our grants database; generate grants documents from the database.
- Coordinate translation of applications, which will be received in English, French, Spanish, Chinese and Russian.
- Provide initial screening of applications to determine eligibility for ITF support.
- Prepare materials for the ITF’s Grant Making Panel, a body of trans activists who review and assess funding applications.
- Communicate with applicants, including responding to inquiries and sending grant notifications.
- Prepare award packages for grantee partners.
- Confirm payment details, manage the dissemination process and work with Astraea’s Fiscal Department to prepare, process, and track grants payments.
- Coordinate Grant Making Panel and Steering Committee Meetings, including handling logistics (travel, venues, lodging, catering, AV), and producing/organizing meeting materials.
- Respond to general organizational queries.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director and Program Officers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time-to-time.
- Minimum two years of programmatic experience in trans, LGBTQI, feminist, human rights and/or social justice movements.
- Commitment to and knowledge of issues facing global trans movements.
- Superb organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record in developing creative solutions.
- High level of proficiency with computers, databases and other technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a supportive team player.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. Candidates able to communicate in English and Spanish will be given preference.
- This position is based in Astraea’s office in New York City. US work authorization is required. The ITF is not able to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- Trans people are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants born or who originate from a Global South country are encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 USD/year commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in .pdf, doc, or .docx format by July 17, 2020.
The ITF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, collaborative and sustainable work environment. For more information visit www.transfund.org.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)