WHO WE ARE
The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice works to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. We support brilliant and brave grantee partners who challenge oppression and seed change. We work for racial, economic, social, and gender justice because we all deserve to live our lives freely, without fear, and with dignity.
The first grantmaker to hundreds of organizations, Astraea plays a catalytic role for LGBTQI groups around the world – particularly those led by lesbian and queer women, trans and gender non-conforming folks, intersex people, and people of color. Our grantmaking, capacity building, media and communications, and philanthropic advocacy programs support their work to challenge oppression and claim rights. A proud public foundation and one of the first women’s funds in the world, Astraea has granted over $40 million to LGBTQI activists and artists in our 40-year history.
JOB SUMMARY – Full Time (35 Hrs Per Week with benefits)
This is an exciting opportunity for a detailed, organized, and collaborative individual to join Astraea as the Grants and Compliance Manager (GCM). Astraea is experiencing significant growth and has increased its global presence particularly with public support. The GCM will provide leadership and management of all grant resources received (private and public) that will ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations. The GCM will support the Program and Development teams and the organization’s capacity to manage the administration of awarded public and private grants (USAID, SIDA, EU, State, Donor Advised Funds, and foundations). Compensation for this position is $79 – $85k. This position reports to the CFO.
- Reviews proposals from the compliance side (including the correct Indirect Cost Rate (ICR) and calculation, in the correct format for that donor).
- Tracks grants administratively throughout their life cycle, including financial reporting, and any extensions.
- Closes-out grants, ensuring no overspends.
- Manages reporting, compliance, and recognition of international grants for assigned portfolios.
- Partners with accounting to design and prepare monthly grant budget-to-actual reports.
- Liaises with Program and Development teams to ensure restricted funds used in accordance with donor intentions or appropriate modifications are requested.
- Ensures that fiscal requirements for grants and contracts identified, realized and monitored through regular monitoring meetings.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports for funders.
- Maintains a working knowledge of laws, regulations, policy, and other requirements that affect grants management, in particular federal grant requirements.
- Reviews coding of expenses against restricted grants to ensure adequate charging.
- Assists in the maintenance and analysis of staff allocations.
- Works with program managers to prepare spending plans and grant forecasts.
- Partners with Development and Program teams to prepare cost proposal budgets for future funding from donors.
- Prepares and performs monthly budget-to-actual analysis, conducts monthly reviews with program managers. Communicates results of reviews and analyses to finance leadership.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of budgets.
- This position should be familiar with 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Federal Awards, USAID Standard Provision and regulations, as well as compliance with major private donors’ rules and regulations.
- Experience in managing donor-funded programs, including US government-funded programs.
- Strong financial planning, procurement, and operations management skills.
- Previous cost proposal experience is preferred.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field or a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the financial management of donor-funded projects in a nonprofit environment required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through a multicultural lens.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software; Raiser’s Edge experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com in .pdf, doc, or .docx format or submit via the form on our website by September 30th, 2020. No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Astraea is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse (multi-gender, cross-class, and multi-racial), collaborative, and sustainable work environment. People of color; lesbian, bisexual and queer women; trans and gender non-conforming people; intersex people; and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.